Monday, February 10, 2014

Kobe Will Return in 2014, "My plan hasn't changed"

For those of you who drafted Kobe Bryant, you've probably been thinking about trading him for a while now.  You're thinking that Kobe is on a struggling team who won't make playoffs, and you think it might be a safer bet to trade him and get whatever you can instead of the possibility that he might not play.

I, on the other hand, am one of the few people who actively sought after Kobe.  I had been trying to acquire Kobe since early on in the season, and luckily for me, the guy who traded him to me barely let him go.  That saved me probably six weeks of a spot on my roster that could've been filled by someone producing.  I bought him cheap, trading away DJ Augustin and Jimmy Butler for Bradley Beal and Kobe.

ESPN Los Angeles reports that Kobe Bryant will be returning to court action this season.  "My plan hasn't changed," said Bryant.  "I'm just going about it every single day just trying to get better.  That's my job.  My job is to get...back out there on the court when I'm healthy enough to play and that hasn't changed."

Basically, here's my advice.  Whoever owns Kobe in your league most likely would give him up if you gave him a decent offer.  The problem is, he's really only worth it if you're comfortable with grabbing a playoff spot.  If you're competing just to get into playoffs, maybe that's not the move for you, because Kobe still probably won't play until early March at the very earliest.  If you can stand to have somebody on your team who's not playing for a couple weeks, this is most likely your best chance at getting somebody who's really going to come through for you come fantasy playoffs.


Does this look like the kind of guy who's body is deteriorating?




I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment